Make a diagram of your surveillance needs. It is both expensive and impractical to monitor every square inch of your house, so you need to prioritize what areas you want to watch the most. Draw up a rough diagram of your house or print out the blueprints and note where you might want to place cameras. When you are done, check out each location to make sure it is not blocked by anything and provides the best view possible. You may want cameras for:
- Front and back doors.
- Off-Street Windows
- Large common spaces
- Basic Home Security: Get a package with 2-3 outdoor cameras (to monitor doors), and a DVR with at least 3 days of recording time.
- Monitoring Valuables/Young Children: 1-3 indoor wireless cameras can cover a small room effectively and stream the footage right to your computer.
- Wireless vs. Wired: Wireless cameras are easy to set-up without drilling or running cables through your house, but the quality can be sub-par the further they get away from the receiver. If you are covering a big area, go wired, but most houses find wireless and easier set-up process.
- Indoor or Outdoor: Cameras that are not made to be place outside will quickly break when exposed to rain and humidity, so be sure to choose accordingly.
- Motion Sensing: Some cameras will only record when they notice motion, saving space and energy while only capturing footage when someone is in the room.
- Remote Viewing: Many high-end cameras offer the ability to stream their footage to your phone or laptop anywhere in the world, making it possible to check out your house through a provided program or app.
- If you buy a complete surveillance set the DVR is usually included with the camera.
- Network Video Recorders (NVR) and analog recorders (VCRs), also available for purchase, work the same way as a DVR, using an internet signal (NVR) or blank tapes (VCR) to record instead of a digital hard-drive. The following installation tips will work here as well.
Security camera install
How To Install ECO Security Camera System On Android ...
Security Camera Installation